Greycliffe is built on the west side of Salisbury Quarry, a body of water that many remember as a swimming hole. The main quarry covers 54 acres and is approximately 50 feet deep. Tucked away in the northwest corner of Greycliffe there is a two acre pond with an illuminated water fountain.

From the early 1900's until the 1940's Salisbury Quarry (Originally called Holland Quarry) was mined for stone by the France Stone Company. After the quarry filled up with water it served as an unauthorized swimming pool and party place for many years.

From 1964 until 1993 the Griss family leased the quarry and operated it as a beach and swimming club with as many as 15,000 people a year belonging.

In 1993 developer Robert Cavalear bought 400 acres for more than $4 million and started to develop around the quarry including the section we now call Greycliife, a subdivision of maintenance free homes (the association takes care of the lawns and snow removal) hidden away behind walls and a gatehouse.   

Today it is considered by most of the residents to be their little oasis away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.